On Thursday, February 8th, from 6 to 8 PM, BLA will hold Instructional Night: Preparing for Success at BLA, College, and Beyond. The purpose of Instructional Night is to provide the opportunity to connect with more families and present a comprehensive view of the school. There will be an additional College and Career session offered from 5 to 6 PM. This session is open to all interested parties.
The night will include several teacher-led sessions geared towards providing valuable information about supports that help to prepare our students for success at BLA, college, and beyond.
The teachers at each grade level will facilitate sessions for their student’s families on the following topics:
- 7th Grade – resources for a successful first year at BLA
- 8th Grade – navigating through courses and coursework at BLA, social media awareness, and after school activities
- 9th Grade – tips for a successful transition to high school and social media awareness
- 10th Grade – summer programs, collaborating with the school for student success, and preparing for college
- 11th Grade – the college application process and a showcase of student work
- 12th Grade – preparing for the college experience, adjusting to college life, and tips for surviving college offered by BLA alumni
We look forward to seeing you on February 8th, 2018 for Boston Latin Academy’s Instructional Night.