Athletics at Latin Academy
Having won numerous City Championships (including 22 in Swimming and numerous others in Hockey, Track, Softball, and other sports) Latin Academy is a great place to play sports. Please contact Holly Adinoff, Boston Scholar Athletes Program Assistant Facilitator, at email@example.com with any general athletic questions or find contact information for coaches in the menu to your left.
For information on Boston Public Schools athletics and the latest game scores (including many highlights from Latin Academy games), check out Boston.com’s BPS Sports Page!
For daily sports announcements follow us on twitter @bsaCAVE
Attention all students interested in playing JV BOYS’ SOCCER this fall, please contact the main office to sign up and receive more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the Softball team for winning the 2014 Boston City Championships!
Games to Watch
Have a great summer BLA Athletes & families… come back in Fall’14 with Game Updates!
2013-2014 BLA Athletic Achievements
- Girls’ Soccer: City League Regular Season Champions, City League Championship Finalists 2013, 1st round MIAA Playoffs North Div. II
- Football: MIAA Division IV North Champions 2013
- Girls’ Volleyball: City League Championship Finalists, MIAA First Round Central/East Div. I Tournament 2013
- Girls’ & Boys’ Indoor Track: City League Champions 2013-2014
- Boys’ Hockey: City League Champions 2013-2014, MIAA First Round Tournament North Div. III 2013-2014
- Girls’ Hockey: MIAA First Round Tournament Div. II 2013-2014
- Boys’ Basketball: MIAA First Round North Div. II Tournament 2013-2014
- Girls’ Basketball: MIAA First Round North Div. II Tournament 2013-2014
- Co-ed Swimming: Boston City League Champions 2013-2014
- Softball: City League Championships 2014, MIAA Tournament
- Baseball: MIAA Tournament, City League Semi-Finalists
General guidelines regarding tryouts and eligibility:
Summary of Documents Needed to Play Fall Sports Physical Examination Form Clearance Form Medical Questionnaire Parental Consent Form Concussion Information Form Fall sports: Fall teams generally begin practice and tryouts in the third week of August, before classes begin. For more specific information on start dates, please see the individual team pages or contact the coaches listed. The season lasts until late October/early November. Fall eligibility is based on a cumulative GPA from the previous year’s final grades. The GPA must be above a 1.67 (including all 5 terms and finals). All students must also have an updated physical from within the past year before they participate in tryouts. Winter sports: Tryouts start the Monday after Thanksgiving. The season runs December-February. For more specific information on start dates, please see the individual team pages or contact the coaches listed. Winter eligibility is based on GPA from Term 1 grades and is re-calculated mid-season based on Term 2 grades. All participants must have an updated physical before being allowed to try out. Spring sports:Tryouts begin in March, and the season runs until late May. For more specific information on start dates, please see the individual team pages or contact the coaches listed. Spring eligibility is based on Term 3 grades and is re-calculated mid-season based on Term 4 grades. All participants must have an updated physical before being allowed to try out.