Athletics at Latin Academy
Latin Academy hosts 20 different team sports throughout the fall, winter, and spring seasons. Teams have won numerous titles and have qualified for many of the City Championships and State Championships over the years. Our more than 400 rostered athletes can attest to the sportsmanship, teamwork, and leadership skills that they have been able to learn through practice and competitions and all of the fun that they have had along the way.
For general information on BLA athletics, please contact Rob Huie, the BLA Athletic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information on a specific sport, please use the menu to the left.
BLA partners with Boston Scholar Athletes for tutoring and mentoring services during the school day and afterschool. BSA works with many Scholar Athletes to promote academic achievement through athletics. If you would like more information on how BSA can help you, please contact Holly Adinoff, the Zone Facilitator, at email@example.com.
2013-2014 BLA Athletic Achievements
- Girls’ Soccer: City League Regular Season Champions, City League Championship Finalists 2013, 1st round MIAA Playoffs North Div. II
- Football: MIAA Division IV North Champions 2013
- Girls’ Volleyball: City League Championship Finalists, MIAA First Round Central/East Div. I Tournament 2013
- Girls’ & Boys’ Indoor Track: City League Champions 2013-2014
- Boys’ Hockey: City League Champions 2013-2014, MIAA First Round Tournament North Div. III 2013-2014
- Girls’ Hockey: MIAA First Round Tournament Div. II 2013-2014
- Boys’ Basketball: MIAA First Round North Div. II Tournament 2013-2014
- Girls’ Basketball: MIAA First Round North Div. II Tournament 2013-2014
- Co-ed Swimming: Boston City League Champions 2013-2014
- Softball: City League Championships 2014, MIAA Tournament
- Baseball: MIAA Tournament, City League Semi-Finalists
General Guidelines Regarding Tryouts and Eligibility
Fall sports: Fall teams generally begin practice and tryouts in the third week of August, before classes begin. For more specific information on start dates, please see the individual team pages or contact the coaches listed. The season lasts until late October/early November. Fall eligibility is based on a cumulative GPA from the previous year’s final grades. The GPA must be above a 1.67 (including all 5 terms and finals). All students must also have an updated physical from within the past year before they participate in tryouts.
Winter sports: Tryouts start the Monday after Thanksgiving. The season runs December-February. For more specific information on start dates, please see the individual team pages or contact the coaches listed. Winter eligibility is based on GPA from Term 1 grades and is re-calculated mid-season based on Term 2 grades. All participants must have an updated physical before being allowed to try out.
Spring sports: Tryouts begin in March, and the season runs until late May. For more specific information on start dates, please see the individual team pages or contact the coaches listed. Spring eligibility is based on Term 3 grades and is re-calculated mid-season based on Term 4 grades. All participants must have an updated physical before being allowed to try out.